Thursday, August 9, 2012

Saving the day

When I was a kid, I was soccer (and field hockey) goal keeper.  I loved it.  I loved being a hero.  I loved saving the game.  I also hated to lose or feel like a failure, which is something that still stays with me today.

I remember one day I was at Soccer camp.  I was 14 years old and in a scrimmage.  There was a forward speeding toward me to my left and she took a shot to the left corner.  Somehow, I pushed off my left foot and bounded to the corner of the goal post and saved the ball with the tips of my fingers.  Everyone went wild.  It felt like a dream, and still does.   It's a great memory to think about when I consider being able to accomplish the seemingly impossible.

Take a look below at some amazing saves from other fabulous goal keepers.