Thursday, November 24, 2011

Feeling Overwhelmed?

I'm certain I routinely use the word overwhelmed when I describe my life, what is going on and why I'm so darn distracted and busy.  However, I may have decided to ban that word from my everyday vernacular.  It's a crutch I lean on and simply don't need to.  As we know, life comes down to choice.  I've chosen to be busy.
I was reading a blog that suggested to....


"Back away from overwhelm. Because when you just utter that word, you cast doubt on your capacity to rise. You let angst flop on your couch. You fret that you might not have the resources to surmount obstacles or to seal the deal on your dream.

Ban "overwhelmed" from your vocabulary. Refuse it entry to your psyche. You’re bigger than that. Just be, you know, whelmed. Whelmed. Not at full capacity, rather, full of capacity."