Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank you world

Gobble, Gobble!  Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friends.  It's a shame that we tend to allow the start of the holiday season to obscure what today is all about- being thankful for God's blessings.

I was hanging out with my six year old niece after dinner.  I told her about a six year old I met in Guatemala when I was there a few weeks back.  Gaby is also six years old.  She's sweet, shy and full of joy.  After my niece heard about Gaby, she immediately pulled out her art supplies to make a Christmas Card to send to Gaby.  In it, she introduced herself and wished her a Merry Christmas. Then, she said she wished she could go to Guatemala to meet Gaby one day.  It was the very sweetest Thanksgiving gesture- ever.  It's even better coming from my six year niece and the reminder I needed to keep me on track.

P.S Yes, that is me with my cheesy grin in the picture. When I'm with kids, and especially when I'm helping others, I get this ridiculous cheesy grin.  I think it shows that is when I'm at my best.