Saturday, November 19, 2011

Seasons Change

"Live each season as it passes; breath the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each."   Henry David Thoreau


(Note:  I wrote this in early Nov, and failed to post it promptly.  Now, it will be in the 30's at night and the 60's during the day).   Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.  However, this year, on the East Coast, and in particular, in Washington, DC, we have been rushing from Summer into Winter at a rapid pace.  That, my friends, pisses me off.  Why?  Because I'm getting cheated out of a fabulous Autumn with easy breezes, the crisp smell of leaves falling, warm sunsets, etc.  I love me some fall.  

It's another reminder that you can't always get what you want or need.  You simply have to need what you get and deal with it.  Life isn't always as perfect as you desire.