Thursday, November 17, 2011

Smiling Big

While I was taking a break during work today, I showed a colleague some pictures from my trip to Guatemala.  I was in Guatemala last week by the way.  That is one of the reasons why I hadn't posted in awhile.  The other reason was that work has been even more crazy than usual.  As an aside, do you ever notice how much work you have to do before and after a vacation?  It makes it seem (almost) as though vacations are a waste.

So, back to the pictures- after she saw them she made a comment.  She recalled the pictures I showed her from my trip last year to Korea.  On that trip, I helped children learn English.  This year, I helped at an Orphanage.  My mission was basically to give the children some love.  The colleague said, "You know what KG?  I think you are at your happiest when you are on your trips.  I've never seen you smile bigger."

I was flattered.  I think she's right.  Check out that cheesy grin.