Friday, June 24, 2011

Complaining

I've come to realize the last few weeks that I've taken a professional turn- it's open to interpretation if it's for the worst or better.  At this point, people mostly come to me with complaints, concerns, problems, frustrations, needs, wants, anger, etc.  I don't get a lot of the good news.  I do get a lot of worry and concern on the back end.  I suppose that is where my career trajectory took me.  It makes sense, but I wasn't expecting it.  New title, more responsibility, more reward?  Perhaps.  But you know what they say, "'mo money, 'mo problems."

The good news is that I feel more fulfilled over all, because more authority to make a difference.  Fixing problems can be pretty rewarding, even if they are more challenging than an easy task.

I guess that means that I should expect the problems and not complain about it- it's inevitable.