Sunday, June 12, 2011

Savor your accomplishments

Friends, I'll never forget the first time I rode my two wheeler down the street.  My big sister was cheering me on after patiently teaching me to pedal and stop and keep my balance.  I was six years old and couldn't believe it would be possible.
The pure elation I felt when I got to the end of the street after the wind pushed through my hair- is one of the proudest moments in my life.  I felt like I was flying, it was magical.
The video above exhibits the innate joy that is possible, although we rarely see adults sharing their excitement.  A person would be seen as a braggart.  However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't savor our joys.  Keep them close to the vest.  Then, the next time you feel like you may not be able to accomplish something,