Thursday, June 23, 2011

Progress (minor progress)

I like being right.  I like knowing things.  It feels so very good.  So you can imagine I hate admitting when I'm wrong, when I make a mistake or I don't know something.  
This week, I've had to do a lot of those things I don't like to do- I even hate doing.  I was working on a project at work which required me stepping out of my comfort zone.  I was trying to finish this crucial project- and I had several people waiting on me to finish it up.  I missed my deadline and kept procrastinating.  I knew it and felt horrible.  Why was I procrastinating?  Because I couldn't get the job done!  Blerg!  I was (still am) so annoyed at myself.  
Eventually, I had to ask for help.  Tail between my legs.  And then admit to everyone I had held up the process.  It sucked, and I know I never would have admitted the shortcoming 5 years ago.  Progress, I suppose.  I just wish I had asked for help sooner.  Maybe next time.