Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do you really want to be happy?

"I begin to suspect that the world is divided not only into the happy and the unhappy, but into those who like happiness and those who, odd as it seems, really don't."  -C.S. Lewis
C.S Lewis was a brilliant author, and the quote above seems to suggest he understood people really well.  I truly believe that some people may think they want to be happy, but really don't.  Perhaps they don't know how and aren't willing to learn what it takes to make themselves happy.  
It takes work! It takes self inspection.  And I've realized that what may work for me, will probably not work for you.  There is no one size fits all approach to happiness, and no one can devise a plan that will solve all your problems.  Even if you are happy, there will be challenging days, stress, problems, etc. I have to remind myself of this!