Monday, June 13, 2011

Mom love

Have I told you guys that I love my momma?  If not, I do.  And not just because she gave birth to me so I have to.  I love her because I think she's a great person.  She's fun and has a great sense of humor.  Plus, she's still changing and growing as a person, which I respect immeasurably. When I was a kid, I never would have imagined that my mom would be someone whom I would consider my best friend.  What a kick I get out of the surprises life has in store for me.  I affectionately call my mother, Ma, just as she calls my grandmother.  It annoys her a bit, and I find that  hilarious.

When I saw the video below all I could think about is how my mother would instinctively protect me with her life, given the necessity.  I can't think of a symbol that illustrates the innate care and love that mothers have for us.  Thanks to all the moms out there for all you do.  This is a belated Happy Mother's Day note to her- since I know she is my #1 fan and bloggie supporter.(Ma, click on the link below until a video plays)