Thursday, June 9, 2011

I still have the joy!

Every day I send out hundreds of emails and receive at least a hundred back.  Seriously.  We live in a world where we are more apt to correspond with people virtually than through a phone call or an in person meeting.  And while it is more efficient to a degree, virtual communication leads to mis-communication and causes errors in the long run.  Worse, the intimacy you develop when you are able to communicate with someone directly is lost.

Today, I sent an email to a woman I've never met about nothing in particular, and when she wrote back I saw in her signature line, "Still have the joy......"  And I thought to myself, "wait a minute- is this for real? If so, excellent."

So, I wrote back to this woman whom I don't know familiarly, "I really like your statement below!"
And she said, "Girl, after all the things I have been through.... I still have the joy!!!"
I said, "That is THE way! Keep it up :-)"
She said, "Have a wonderful day, my sister!"

I am LOVING this exchange between two anonymous people.  How cool is this world?