Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Send Prayer

Tonight I'm in the hospital with my big sister. She's sick and in a lot of pain right now   I know that because she's prostrate and looks sadder than I've ever seen her.  She called me at 11:55 pm and I immediately picked up since she never calls me late at night.   I picked her up at her house so her husband could stay home with the kids.  Since I live close by it wasn't too much of a big deal.

Seeing her paralyzed with pain is horrible since there is little I can do   All too often I see friends and family with burdens I wish I could help with, but I can't.

Interestingly, while Big Sister and I waited to be seen, a lady who is disabled and in a wheelchair came over to offer sister some assistance with her puke bucket  Seriously.  Here she was with her own physical challenges and she was helping us.  It was quite humbling   After she rolled away Dori noted that we should offer up some thanksgiving to this woman. The fact that Dori thought to do so while she was doubled over in pain is impressive, but the women left a silent impression on both of us.  Almost as an aside she told me she sent the lady a "send prayer" which as she was taught, is the type of prayer you send to someone when they don't know it's even coming-to pay it forward.

Update:  It turns out she has Appendicitis. Keep her in your prayers.