Sunday, April 1, 2012

Marriage=Teamwork

Now that word has gotten out that I am getting married, I have heard quite a bit of unsolicited marital advice.  Most of it is very good and encouraging.

Some of it is a little scary- for instance, the termite inspector man who told N that ladies talk A LOT (no kidding), and to just sit back and listen.  At first I wanted to tell him to back off- I'm not that much of a big talker after all.  But then, I heard what he was saying.  He was saying that first N should listen to me talk.  And then I should listen to him talk.  And then we must keep on loving each other.  He promised that there would be times that we would each annoy the crap out of each other.  But, you keep making the choice to be together every day.

I love my termite man.  I'll keep that advice in mind when things get crazy.