Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wisdom from Greek Moms

In this third part of this series on culture, I'm going to relay to you why Greek mothers are the heartbeat, the source of all things relating to Greek culture.  

In this article, the Greek author notes her mother instructed her, "to always have an open heart and 'an unshakable trust in life' ".  Read the article.  I can't do justice to it.  One day, I'll tell you about my amazing Greek mom and how much she's shaped my life.  But it will take more than one post and a few minutes to push out.  

Advice from this Greek mom: 

1. Goddesses never rush.

2. Give it your full attention.

3. Change the channel.

4. Invite everybody to the picnic.

5. Be your giant self.

6. You are your own capital.

7. Sing your worry away.

8. You are here for the joy.