Saturday, April 7, 2012

So I really am awesome...sometimes

I've never been the type of person who assumed I deserved....anything.  I think you have to work for what you want.  I never wanted to "read my own press releases" as my Dad would say.
I find myself, now, in the position where I've found someone who appreciates me, just as I am.  And it feels pretty good.  When I saw this movie (favorite scene below, fast forward to 1:50) years ago, I remember thinking to myself, "is it even possible for someone to ever say that to me?  That they like me, just as I am?  There is NO way."



But I think I have to be honest with myself, just as you have to with yourself.  how can we believe that anyone loves us, JUST as we are, if we don't even believe it about ourselves?  We must challenge ourselves to embrace our awesomeness.