Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthing

When the time comes for me to have babies (God-willing), all I can think about is.... "oh *#$%, how the hell am I going to pull that off?!?"  I'm speaking about labor.  It scares me.  I try to remind myself that billions of women have pulled it off.  In fact, my mom pulled it off, my sisters, my best friend, etc.

But I'll admit it.  I'm intimidated.  I read this article today about the topic, and it made me smile a bit.  This will probably be my approach to labor.  I have a best friend who absolutely did it up right.  All Natural!  I'm still impressed.  I just don't think I can do it.  I don't think I want to do it.  As amazing an experience that must have been for my friend, I can see myself bowing out of that race pretty early.

That should be ok.  We aren't here to judge, are we?  I hate it when women judge other women for not doing things the way that they would.  We should support each other even if someone does something differently than we do.