Friday, October 12, 2012

Stupid Politics

I'll admit, I was a PoliSci minor.  History major.  I grew up in a family that was very politically active.  My parents still have fundraisers at their home a few times a year for local and state candidates.  I grew up helping my dad put up signs on high traffic street corners for candidates.  I put fliers on people's front doors.

But I'm disenchanted.  I have been for about a decade.  I hate politics.  I consider myself an Independent although my dad says I'm just apathetic. I am frustrated is all.  I don't agree with any one candidate- ever.  I take issue with what they bring to the table.  I feel like almost all of them compromise on their beliefs in order to appeal to certain extreme ends of the spectrum that actually vote in elections (hello, John McCain).

I watched the Vice Presidential debates last night, and I was terribly annoyed.  I know who I'm going to vote for, but I'm not happy about it.  I legitimately take issue with both candidates, their policies, and especially their spin.  Both parties lie.  Both parties cheat.  Both parties annoy the crap out of me.

This is a great website which gives you a better idea of what to believe.  What is truth?  I literally don't ever give credence to anything that comes out of our politicians mouths (or the media).  I have to take the time to research it myself to try to assess whether or not they are trying to win some votes by spinning the truth (or gain some ratings).

Don't even get me started about the double standards these politicians typically project between their policies and their personal lives (and the lies they get caught in along the way).   They are hypocrites and it's a disgrace.

Stepping off soapbox....