Monday, October 29, 2012

Voting and who to vote for

I am proud to tell people I'm Independent.  I vote for whomever I want to.  I complain about both political parties.  I think it's fair to say that there is plenty of fodder for all of us to complain about.

When I think about politics through the lens of my religion, the lines of what is right and how I should vote are blurred.  I've heard that Republicans are awful because they don't give enough to those in need.  If you are Christian, the altruistic vote goes toward the Democratic party.  However, other Christians will say that Democrats are awful because they are pro-choice.

It's not clear to me.  I want to help people.  I don't want other people to tell me how to feel, or how to vote. I don't want other people to tell me what to do with my money or my life.  But I also understand that there are a lot of our fellow citizens that need help and support.

This article elaborates further about the topic.  This women's choice is to abstain from her available choices.