Thursday, October 25, 2012

KG Hate

For us to be in discord with another person is not the other’s problem. It is our problem. Others may not want us, but we must be spiritually united with them because we know we must love one another. If others do not like us, we are nevertheless obligated to love them and feel sorry that our very existence is problematic for them. That is how we construct bridges with other human beings.  Fr. Maximos from the book “Inner River: A Pilgrimage to the Heart of Christian Spirituality”

I have to admit that I have a grudge I can't let go of.  I just can't do it.  I'm still angry and frustrated.  I also know if anyone knew the details of the situation they would agree with me.  They would say that I was entitled to be angry and stay angry.  Though they would defend me no matter what.  

The thing is, my faith teaches me that it simply doesn't matter what the situation is.  It is my problem.  It is my ultimate goal to move beyond this grudge.  I'm just not there yet.  

And for the people that don't like me (hard to believe I know, but they exist), I will try to love them.  I'll try. I'm "sorry that [my] existence is problematic for" you.