Thursday, August 4, 2011

Be yourself

"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."-Lao Tzu


Trying to pretend to be someone you aren't, is a waste of time.  Plus, it's exhausting.  When I was a kid, I always thought people wouldn't like me for who I was.  I was worried that if people found out about all my nerdy weird stuff, the jig would be up.  Over time, I found the best part about finally being myself, was not only that I found I really liked myself, but it was easier to make friends.  


People know when you are faking it.  I think each of us is endowed with a six sense BS detector.  All you have to do is channel it, and it will speak to you.   Therefore, it's a waste of time to be disingenuous.  Can we all agree to just be ourselves?