Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mirror mirror...part II

I posted yesterday about my trip to the monastery.  I explained that the best take away was the lesson I learned from the nuns about living in a world with out mirrors.  That was pretty wonderful.

Then, something even better happened.  While driving on the way to work today I zoned out a bit- I went to my happy place.  It was excellent, there was absolutely no traffic.  It's a rare phenomena which happens in DC when Congress is out of session every August for a few weeks.   As I drove in I started thinking about the day ahead of me.  For the life of me, I couldn't remember what I had set to accomplish when I left on Friday evening.  All my worries, my to-do lists, my anxieties:  gone.  Blank slate.

Apparently, the true gift from my weekend was the peace I found, without even realizing it.