Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Material Things

I'm no better than the next girl.  I like my little personal luxuries in life. Often, when I'm driving my Toyota Highlander I feel guilty and think I should just get a Smart Car and be done with it.  Do I really need the big car, all that extra fuel, and all the additional fumes I'm forcing into our already fragile atmosphere?  Not really.  Do I really need to keep my AC on at 70 degrees?  No, but I hate being too hot.  Do I really need my nice handbags?  No, but I like them.  They are pretty :)

That brings me to my house.  It's not big but it's not too small.  For one person and two dogs it does the trick, but one could easily comment that it's unneccessary.  I'll be the first to admit one of the chief reasons I got it was so Duke could have a fenced-in yard to play in and explore.  Then, I saw this video: here!  Guess who feels guilty about her 1750 SF, when this guy is living in 78SF!  Seriously.  Check out the video.    Where is all his stuff?  No TV!  No Kitchen!  Where are all his products?