Monday, August 29, 2011

When things are scary....

Remember when I told you about the Earthquake this past week?  Since then, we've had several after shocks and also, a hurricane come through town. By Friday, I also had a freak eye situation going on, which left me in a ton of pain, an eye doctor's appointment at 11:30 in the middle of a day and an eye patch when it was all said and done.

It's certainly been a whirlwind for everyone in town.  That same day, I was at my neighborhood bank near work, chatting with the teller who always helps me.  She asked me where I was when the earthquake happened and I told her I was at work.  I was confused because I thought the construction workers outside our office drilled into the building causing the building to implode...or something.  Then, she told me she was there at the bank.  She also told me she was totally freaked out because she thought someone was bombing the bank as a distraction to pull off a bank heist.

I started laughing my rear off.  Hard.  Apparently she's been watching a lot of bank robbery movies and her imagination got the best of her.  I really appreciated the chuckle.  It was just what I needed at the end of a long long week.  I love that you never know where the next moment of levity is coming from in this world- as long as you are open to it.