Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What the what?

We had an earthquake today which could be felt along the eastern seaboard.  I work in DC and live in VA, so it's not as though we are on the San Andreas fault line.  In fact, this is almost the biggest earthquake here since they started keeping track of them in 1774.  Not only was it scary, but it was totally unexpected.  I ran out of my building quicker thank you can say.... well, it was quick.

I was distracted for the rest of the day and worried.  Will there be aftershocks? Are the dogs ok? How are my grandparents? Is my house ok?  How am I going to get home since there is going to be a ton of traffic?

I actually felt a smaller earthquake a few years ago at my house- true story.  I was going to the bathroom and all the sudden I felt shaking.  I was confused and wondered what I had done to cause the situation.  Minutes later, I learned that it was an earthquake.  Note:  you do not want to be on a toilet when an earthquake happens.

At least people can laugh at times like these, and you really have to.  I saw the below video posted on facebook, as the soundtrack for today's events.