Monday, March 21, 2011

Bullying

I was bullied a bit as a kid.  When I moved in 6th grade, I simply didn't fit in.  I went from being a big fish in a small pond, to a super small fresh water fish in a big huge salt water bay.  Oil and water.  KG was in hell for a few years.  It eventually got better when I started making great friends who had my back.

When I saw video of this Aussie kid a few days ago, I thought to myself... "YES!  GOOD FOR YOU!"  It reminded me of when I punched a girl in 8th grade who made fun of me.  She was relentless, and I snapped. I'm still not proud of how I responded, but she never teased me again.  And she even invited me to her birthday party the next year.  Go figure.

My question is, do you still see bullying around us as adults?  I do from time to time.  When you see it happening, do what you can do to make it stop.   I always root for the underdog, and this is one of the reasons why.  Sometimes, all a person in need must know is that they aren't alone.