Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crazypants Invades DC

Anyone know what a V-Block is?  That's a Verizon feature that is available (if you call and wait on hold for 25 minutes) to block someone from calling/texting you.  At least until June 10th.  Then I'll have to call again and re-request if I so desire.  Why do I even know what this is?  Because of the wonderfully disastrous weekend I had with what I hoped would be an awesome new guy I've been talking to for a few weeks.

I met this dude (aka Crazypants, or CP) online and we hit it off immediately. We have a lot in common and I was excited to meet him.  He lives out of town and offered immediately to come visit.  He was aggressive, if not forceful about how interested he was in me, and I found it flattering overall.

Two of my prerequisites for any man I date are that he must be nice and normal.  The other three adjectives from what I call my "Five Finger Test" are funny, hardworking and smart.  While those seem like easy targets, they aren't.  And nice and normal are often the biggest "X" factors when evaluating a potential candidate.  Crazypants was neither nice nor normal as it turns out.

As soon as CP arrived, I picked him up at the airport and offered to take him to his hotel to settle in.  And then we could go to dinner.  However, as soon as he got in the car, he felt it was open season to begin to commence the physicalness of our fledgling relationship.  I explained that wasn't what I was interested in and needed some time to adjust to getting to know him.  The night went downhill from there.  Note:  he also did not look like the pictures I received.

I actually attempted to have lunch with him the following day after he promised to be well behaved and asked if we could still be friends.  Thereafter, he decided it was the appropriate time to provide me with some constructive criticism.  Do you want to tell me why I suck?  No need.  He already took care of that for you.  After I brought him back to his hotel, I started getting these nut-job texts.  I chose not to respond.  Which brings us back to V-Block.

Since this blog is about overcoming the challenges that inevitably happen in life I'll end on a good note.  Thank GOD I dodged that bullet.  And seriously, I am much more happy being single than being saddled with a Crazypants misleading freak show.  Life is too good and far too short to waste time with mean hateful people.