Sunday, March 13, 2011

Do what you love, love what you do

I can't tell you how many people have told me (or how many times I've read) about people finding their passion and making a job out of it.  Countless.  It honestly feels like a far fetched notion.  Something fictional.
Gretchen Rubin talks about this on her blog, "The Happiness Project" and she says the following: 


"It can be hard to identify your “passion,” but you can identify what you did last Sunday afternoon. “Do what you do” is useful because it directs you to look at your behavior, rather than to your ideas – which can be a clearer guide to preferences. It’s not possible for everyone, but to have work that is play, and play that is work, is a very, very happy state"


That doesn't necessarily help me out too much.  Last Sunday afternoon, I tidied around the house, Read a book, watched some netflix, and took a nap.  The only discernible thing I can come up with is that I like to help people.  I'll keep digging.  
Work to live, don't live to work!