Saturday, March 26, 2011

You crazy

This morning I woke up bright and early on a Saturday to wait for the man to come do my annual termite inspection.  I live in an old house and the same man has come from the same company to check on things every March for at least three years.  How do I know its the same man?  Because when he was done with the inspection he was chatting with me.

He mentioned he couldn't believe how quickly the three years have gone by.  I told him, "Well, time flies when you're having fun."  He laughed.  Then he said in stark seriousness, "Where's your husband?"  And I told him, "I don't have one."  He looked confused and grumbled a bit, and he said, "Really? Come on, YOU CRAZY!" as he sincerely smiled at me.

Why does this West African termite inspector think I'm crazy?  Because I think he sees what you see if you know me.  That I'm fairly nice and normal.  I'll take it as a compliment and roll on through my day.
P.S He was sure to also mention he'd keep his eyes peeled for a nice man for me.  So not only is my family, friends and folks from Church looking for a man for me.  But my termite guy.  I'll take it!