Tuesday, March 22, 2011

There's always another chance

When a Japanese elite marathon runner's chances of qualifying for the World Championships was dashed March 11th, she wasn't angry.  She mourned the loss of the lives and the devastation in Japan, and simply noted that "there's always another chance."   The video of her story was inspirational.  She had the opportunity to race in LA about a week later and she ran in honor of her countrymen.  Strangers cheered her on.

This is a great reminder to me.  As much as I try to never give up, sometimes you have to let go.   I'll admit to you a secret.  Sometimes, when I'm stubbornly holding onto something, I visualize this scene in my mind, and I repeat to myself, "Indiana, let it go!"  I find it helpful.

P always reminds me that "tomorrow is another day" which always provides another opportunity for you to take your shot at achieving what ever it is you need to.  Often, when you take your next shot the results will be even better than they would have been.