Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby Steps

Kids are awesome.  I never expected they would bring so much joy to my life.  The first baby I fell in love with was my baby Niece and Goddaughter, Alexa (aka Eeta).  Now she is a lovely 14 year old young lady who is more like my daughter and a friend.  Then there was the adorable Andrew (13yrs aka Buddah), perky Mia (6yrs aka Pip),  joyful Max (2 yrs aka Tank ) and the most gentle happy-go-lucky baby, Melina (6 mos).  I absolutely love my sister's kids so much and don't know what I would do with out the joy they bring to my life.

That being said, I absolutely couldn't anticipate the joy that Lucia brings to my life now.  Lucia is my Bestie Carmel's baby girl.  I knew of Lucia when she was an almost inconceivable idea.  Carmel longed for her and I longed for this baby along with her.  I even prayed for Carmel's wish to come her way.  And amazingly, days after we finished our last grad school project... Carmel broke the news to me about Lucia's pending arrival in 8 more months.  While I was happy about all the other babies, this baby is extra special.  I was ecstatic when she was born :-)

I'm pretty sure there is little more triumphant than watching a babies first steps or babies crawling.  They change and grow so quickly.  As Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." 

Check out the adorable Lucia on her first day of crawling.  I was tearing up like a proud Auntie watching it!