Monday, April 25, 2011

Anything that makes you happy is never lame!

I was lucky enough to get an email out of the blue from my cousin (through marriage) whom I rarely have the pleasure to see or catch up with.

This is the type of girl I'd be friends with even if there wasn't a familial connection.  She had randomly read, "Love is Letting Go of Fear" before I even met her, so it's fair to say that we both felt a connection when we started talking about life and what it's all about years ago.  

In an email to her I admitted that my new favorite hobby (aside from being horrible at golf) is my blog, which I feared she would think was lame.  She quickly wrote back, in her true awesome way, and said, "Anything that makes you happy is never lame!" What a lesson that I needed to hear.  Who cares if I'm lame anyway?