Friday, April 22, 2011

Generosity

Being generous is easier for some folks than others.  

I grew up watching how generous my parents were with their time and whatever they had to give to anyone who needed anything. Both of them are good people and through watching them, I think I continue to try to be at least a little bit as generous as they are.

Life has a way of proving to you that you can still be shocked by unexpected things like someones overly generous nature. In fact, today I was the beneficiary of someone going above and beyond to be generous to me.  It was a big and huge thing, not just a simple kind gesture like holding a door open.  I'm speechless and humbled and can't even begin to determine how to repay this wonderful person back.  And the truth is, it's the circumstances that surround this gesture that make this generous act that much more meaningful to me.  You know who you are and I will continue to thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I'll never forget it.