Monday, April 18, 2011

Say Thank You!

As I've already established many times, I think it's the little things that really make life great.  One of the little things that matters is saying, "thank you!" for things big and small.

Yesterday I got my teeth cleaned as I typically do a few times a year.  I have been going to the same dentist since I was about 12 years old.  And I really enjoy chatting with him, even though his hands are in my mouth most of the time.

He was giving me an update on his niece whom I know he loves very much.  He has actively participated in her life and helped to financially support her.  He gave gifts, helped pay for college and her wedding.  It was sad though, because when I asked how thankful she must be, he said that she never really said thank you.  I'm assuming someone never taught her the necessity to give thanks for the things, big and small, that you receive.  But as an adult, there really is no excuse.  I recognize this is an extreme case- but it just comes off as greediness.

Don't forget to say THANK YOU!