Thursday, May 26, 2011

Am I worthy?

During Oprah's last show, she thanked everyone for sharing their "yellow brick road of blessings" with her.  The shared path of Oprah and her audience helped all parties involved get to a place of growth and comfort.  It helped everyone heal.

A powerful take away I had from Oprah was the value of knowing your worth.  She noted that you can know you deserve to be happy.  But unless you know you are worthy of that happiness, you will sabotage yourself again and again.  She's right.  I know I deserve to be happy. And although I am doing pretty well I could be happier.  The reason must be that I don't know my true worth.  I'm going to work on figuring that out.

The other side of this argument is that we need to work to let the people in our life know they are worthy.  It's important to validate the people we care about to let them know a) I see you b) I hear you and c) what you say matters to me.  Obviously!  Why aren't I doing this more?   Get read for more worthiness from the KG.