Thursday, May 5, 2011

Weirdos: The best kind of friends

I had dinner with an old friend tonight and the topic steered toward our level of lameness which seems to steadily increase as we get older.  True.  However, we also seem to be embracing our weirdness.  We're not afraid to be ourselves anymore.  We don't have to pretend to be cooler than we actually are.

As she got out of the car, I told her the truth.  "I like you just as you are, however weird you are." She told me, "KG all you really need in life are some weirdos."  Agreed, my friend! Glad to have you.

An aside: one of my favorite lines from a movie, ever, is from "Bridget Jones Diary."  I like it because Bridget has the unique habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.  She is able to (SPOILER) end up with Mr. Darcy who is every girls dream catch.  These characters embrace, and ultimately appreciate each others weirdness.  "I like you very much.  Just as you are"