Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I wish I told my 16 year old self.....

I wasn't too happy in high school.  I dreaded it and couldn't imagine what the future could possibly hold for me.  I wish I had the foresight to consider that life would get better.  Or even that there were more options out there in the future.  Better yet, that people in high school were immature and would be irrelevant in a short period of time.  I wish I had noticed how my uniqueness was awesome and how much more awesome I would be one day.  I should have immediately  recognized that I would have the same 3 best friends almost 15 years later. I could have just leaned on them a little bit more.

Please watch this important video below which inspired my post today.  It's unrelated to a degree.  I had a friend who had skin cancer in her 20's so it matters.  Put on that sunblock and wear that hat, fools!