Sunday, May 29, 2011

Love is blind

When I was little I used to watch old black and white movies with my mom.  I'm not quite sure what the lure was for me, but I do know that I've always loved a good love story.  My favorite is a story, The Enchanted Cottage, is about a simple man and a woman who fall in love despite their shortcomings.  The world sees their exterior appearance as homely, but with the love that develops between them, the viewer sees a physical transformation.  The beauty of their love alters their appearance to one another, and they find each other beautiful.

I've often thought of the movie as an analogy to life, not just to whom I choose to love.  I've noticed that over time, the little things that make a person who they are can either annoy the crap out of you, you start to ignore it, or you learn to love it.  How you handle the little things is the difference between a good day or a bad one.  The choice is in our own hands.